Vacant Building

Vacant building coverage is important when a business owner sells their practice or retires but needs to maintain building insurance on the property due to the fact no tenants are occupying space in the building. 

  • The standard insurance market typically excludes coverage after 30 days of vacancy.
  • Also, if you own a building but at least 70% of the building is NOT occupied (unless you have received special underwriting approval) you might need a vacant building policy to insure your building adequately.

For more information regarding any coverages listed on this site, email or call 800-944-7550. This information is designed to provide a general overview with regard to the subject matter covered and is not state specific. The authors, publisher and host are not providing legal, accounting or specific advice to your situation. Request of a quote for coverage does not guarantee that coverage can be provided. Any misstatements or omissions of relevant information from a client can result in a price variation or even declination or rescission of coverage.